Sunday, August 19, 2007

Mixed feelings about returning home....

Kids,
Hello America!!!
I arrived late last night. Tracy and Brian were so kind to pick me up at the airport. They surprised me with cake and champagne. I passed out after my second glass. Frankly, I was in no condition to drive back to MD. Picked up my car and drove on the Beltway....I've never felt so safe to drive.

I'm back at my home. Glad to be back, but having some mixed feelings. I think I'm missing the cows on the street. I can't really describe the feeling. Shell Shocked? No, it's not that. Culture Shock? Maybe. I think I need a nap or take a walk. Maybe it's restlessness. I'm so use to getting up early and hitting the road. Do I miss the noise, the smells, the insane participants of the autorickshaw rally? Maybe. I'm definitely missing the people. Jen and I have met some incredible people on this trip. And after intensely "hanging out" (lack of a better term for it) with them for the past two weeks, its weird not to have them around. Of course, we'll try to stay in touch, which requires me to have to register on Facebook....ugh.

Jen will be returning to the States later this week.
I'm beat. I feel like I'm not making much sense at the moment.
later,
raj

No comments: